Remote Deposit Capture Deposit Schedule
- Remote Deposit Capture deposits are processed at 9:00am, 12:00pm, 3:00pm, and 5:00pm each business day.
- Deposits made after 5:00pm will post on the next business day.
- Deposits made on the weekend or on a holiday will post the next business day.
- Verifying the Deposit:
- Designated employees will receive an email stating the deposit has been processed.
- Use Banking Butler® to view the deposit after it has posted.
Remote Deposit Capture Maintenance
It is very important to maintain a clean scanner to ensure the images you submit for deposit are clean, readable, and will process successfully. Dust or other small articles may obscure the scanner sensors which could lead to poor image quality. If you notice the check images are blurry or show horizontal dark lines, you will need to delete the images and clean your scanner before sending the next deposit.
How to Clean the Remote Deposit Capture Scanner
- Using a canned air duster (compressed air) for daily/weekly cleanings will remove loose dirt.
- At least bi-monthly, it is recommended to clean the scanner more thoroughly.
- Remove the scanner cover to expose the path that the check takes while scanning and the lens that takes the images of the checks.
- Use the compressed air to clean the entire document path.
Note – Always look at checks before they are scanned to make sure they do not have paper clips or staples. If these items run through the scanner, it could damage the track and would need to be replaced.
Remote Deposit Capture Check Controls
Businesses that use Remote Deposit Capture are responsible for maintaining control over the proper use of the service, as well as the original paper items used to make the deposit.
Check Safekeeping Guidelines
Remote Deposit Capture users are required to retain the original paper items in a secure area with little employee traffic and no customer traffic. Access to the checks should be controlled and limited to only those individuals needing access.
Check Retention Guidelines
Remote Deposit Capture users are required to retain the original paper items for a minimum of thirty days, but no longer than sixty days, after they have been transmitted to First Harrison Bank. This will provide sufficient time for research in case there is an issue with the image quality or if the original item is required for any other reason. During this time, the paper items should be stored in a secure location. After sixty days, the original paper item should be destroyed to ensure they are not accidentally deposited again. You can destroy the original paper items at your business by shredding them or you can bring them to any First Harrison Bank location to ensure they are destroyed properly.
- Install anti-virus and desktop firewall software on all computer systems.
- Ensure the anti-virus and security software are updated regularly.
- Ensure system patches are loaded regularly.
Dual Controls or Reviews
- Having a second person review deposits can help avoid errors and maintain security.
Review Remote Deposit Capture Deposits
- Review your deposits daily for verification. You can use Banking Butler® for a quick and easy way to access your accounts.
- Reconcile your accounts daily.
- Do not share passwords.
- Change your password at least twice a year.
- Select a password that would be hard for others to guess.
- Be suspicious of emails asking for account information, banking access credentials (usernames and passwords), credit card information, and similar information.
- If you do not know the sender or are not expecting the email, do not click on attachments or links in the email. Verify with the sender first. Clicking on these could cause malware to be loaded to your computer system.
Notify First Harrison Bank
- If you notice any issues with you Remote Deposit Capture deposits.
- If there is a change in personnel that will be sending your deposits.
- If you have any security issues at your business such as a breach or loss of data.
If you have any questions about a deposit, cleaning the scanner, check controls, or security precautions, please contact us:
Jennifer Incantalupo – 812-364-0404
Marcia Ruoff – 812-364-0410