Welcome to a New Level of Service
We are excited to bring you our next innovation in technology and service, Banking Butler® Digital Banking. Banking Butler has a great array of options at your disposal in online banking. Many of those features you may have never seen before. In the following sections, we hope to guide you through Banking Butler and all of its amazing services. Please begin by watching our introductory video, and enjoy this guide through Banking Butler.
- If you see text accompanied by an underline and down facing arrow, click the text or arrow to expand or minimize the section of content.
- We're always here to help.
- Note that screenshots were taken as of Banking Butler's launch and may not be current.
Banking Butler® Highlights
- See how to log in to Banking Butler.
- Take a look at all of Banking Butler's services.
- Learn how to use Banking Butler with our how-to guides.
- Banking Butler, like many other websites, will not work properly with Internet Explorer. Take a look at what browsers work.
- Our message to thank you for being our customer.
Banking Butler® Login
If you are already a user of First Harrison Bank's online banking, you don't need to enroll again. If you are a new First Harrison Bank customer and/or have never used First Harrison Bank's online banking, start with our Enroll section.
Please use the following steps to login to Banking Butler.
- Login using your username and password.
- Select how you'd like to receive a secure access code (six digits). You can choose text, email, or call depending on the information we have on file for you. Notice incorrect information? Please call your local branch!
- If you choose text, the code will come from 86434.
- If you choose email, the email will come from Notifications@FirstHarrison.com.
- If you choose a phone call, the automated call will come from 1-800-390-1465.
- Enter your secure access code as provided to you. Note: If you have set up your browser to clear your browser's cookies and cache at the end of each session, you will be required to receive a new secure access code each time you visit Banking Butler.
- Review your profile information (if logging in the first time).
- Choose to register your device or not. If you are on your private device on a private network, register your device to prevent requiring a secure access code each time. If you're on a shared device or shared network, we suggest not registering the device.
- Lastly, you'll review the first time disclaimer (if logging in the first time), approve it, and Banking Butler is at your service.
Android App Users: You can search for "First Harrison Bank" in the Google Play store or download our app directly using the below button. If you search for our app, the app logo will have a black background with the bank logo in the middle.
Apple App Users: You can search for "First Harrison Bank" in the App Store or download our app directly using the below button. If you search for our app, the app logo will have a black background with the bank logo in the middle.
Mobile Login Options
- You can setup a fingerprint to login instead of a username and password for the mobile app. On the app's login screen, choose the "Fingerprint" or "Touch ID" option.
- Take a look at what the feature entails. You will need a smartphone with a fingerprint sensor to enable this option.
- After you choose to enroll, you'll need to login with your Banking Butler username and password to authorize the fingerprint login.
- Once authorized, the next time you login to Banking Butler on the mobile app, you will be prompted to login with your fingerprint.
- At any time, you can remove the fingerprint login option on the Security Preferences page within the Preferences menu using the toggle.
- You can setup a passcode to login instead of a username and password for the mobile app. On the app's login screen, choose the "Passcode" option.
- Take a look at what the feature entails and continue to create a passcode.
- After you choose to create a passcode, you'll need to login with your Banking Butler username and password to authorize the passcode login.
- Create your four digit passcode. We encourage you to not use the same four digits as your debit card PIN.
- Once authorized, the next time you login to Banking Butler on the mobile app, you will be prompted to login with your passcode.
- At any time, you can remove the passcode login option on the Security Preferences page within the Preferences menu using the toggle.
Banking Butler® Services
We're excited to bring you the following services within Banking Butler®.
Paying bills with your First Harrison Bank checking account is EASY. You can make a single payment or schedule recurring payments. Our bill pay service saves you the cost of envelopes, stamps, and the time it takes to write and mail a check. As long as you have the address of the entity or person you want to pay, you're good to go! See our Personal Checking or Business Checking page for your account's bill pay fee.
See our how-to in the following How-To Services section.
If you're like us, you have your debit card information stored on many sites and subscriptions online. When you get a new First Harrison Bank debit card for any reason, it's always a pain to change that information across the Internet. We always forget to change it, and the payment is declined when you go to buy. With our new tool, CardSwap, we're going to help you make that change EASY. On the other hand, let's say you won't get a new debit card for some time and want your First Harrison Bank debit card as your payment method on your favorite sites, CardSwap can go ahead and do that for you now as well. Here's a summary of how CardSwap works:
- Connect your favorite popular sites and subscriptions with your login information for each site.
- Enter your debit card information one time.
- Click one button and your information is swapped for all of your chosen sites and subscriptions.
- Convenience and time saved!
See our how-to in the following How-To Services section.
CardValet is a debit card management and fraud mitigation tool for First Harrison Bank debit cardholders. It gives you the ability to actively manage your debit card usage by defining when, where, and how your card is used. You can turn your debit card on or off at any time in an instant!
CardValet is a standalone app. Be sure you've downloaded the CardValet app to take advantage of our debit card functions like turning your debit card on/off. CardValet has even more features for you to control your debit card like set limits at certain types of retailers, overall spending limits, location-based usage, and set alerts about debit card activity.
Some of the key benefits include:
- Actively manage your money
- Set limits for merchant categories (gas stations, department stores, grocery, travel, etc.)
- Location based security
- Debit card activity alerts
- Parental control of child spending
- Business spending policy compliance
CardValet is available on Android and Apple!
See our how-to in the following How-To Services section.
Cinch Deposits provides you the ease of face-to-face teller deposit service at your fingertips. You have the ability to simply and quickly deposit checks into your personal or business accounts from your smartphone. With Cinch Deposits, what once required a trip to the branch or ATM (and sometimes even a wait in line) is now a cinch from anywhere cellphone service is available. Checks deposited Monday – Friday before 4:00pm ET will be credited to your account the same business day (typically between 4:30pm ET and 5:00pm ET). Deposits made after 4:00pm ET or on a Saturday, Sunday, or Federal Holiday will be credited to your account on our next business day. Deposits may not be available for immediate withdrawal. Check out our introductory video below.
See our how-to in the following How-To Services section.
While we'd love to help you with all of your finances, we understand you may have loans, credit cards, deposit accounts, retirement accounts, and more at other financial institutions. That can make it a pain to keep track of all of your finances. With First Harrison+, you don't have to go to multiple websites anymore. Within Banking Butler, First Harrison+ will allow you to connect your external accounts to your First Harrison Bank login. Now, you can see balances, credit limits, and more all on one page from many other institutions. Check out our introductory video below.
See our how-to in the following How-To Services section.
For more information about how your debit card can work in your mobile wallet with Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Samsung Pay, see our Digital Banking page. First Harrison Bank credit cards are only available in Apple Pay and Samsung Pay.
Banking Butler® How-To
We know there is a lot you can do in Banking Butler®. Please see all of the how-to sections to see how to do your everyday functions plus all of the new options.
Once logged in, you'll find the menus along the left side of the screen, your First Harrison Bank accounts and First Harrison+ in the middle, and the Quicklinks section on the right side of the screen.
You will find your First Harrison Bank and First Harrison+ accounts listed in the middle of the page. To access the menu, choose "Menu" in the upper left corner. To see the Quicklinks, choose "More" in the upper right corner. Mobile users may have additional options (i.e. Cinch Deposits, CardSwap, etc.).
- Left Menu
The options you find on the left side of the page will contain most of Banking Butler's features and options. Several of the menus have additional options found by clicking the downward facing arrow next to these menu options. Some options are not available for all customers.
Depending on your account relationship, the accounts section should list all of your First Harrison Bank accounts. These may include deposit accounts, loans, and CDs. Safe deposit boxes won't appear in Banking Butler.
In addition to First Harrison Bank accounts, you have the option to connect accounts from outside institutions with First Harrison+. These might include deposit accounts, loans, credit cards, retirement accounts, investments accounts, and more.
The Quicklinks are placed on the right side of the screen for ease of access. These include some of what most people will use on a regular basis. Instead of clicking into menus to find what you need, it is probably listed in Quicklinks. Mobile users will have a couple of additional options in Quicklinks due to features that use a smartphone's capabilities.
At the top of any page, we may place a message with important information about Banking Butler and/or that specific page. These will typically be found in a yellow banner.
- Upon clicking on an account from the Home page, you will be brought to the Transactions page. You will see the name of your account in the upper left, the current and available balances in the upper right, and your transactions at the bottom of the screen.
- There are several options for you to choose from on this page to narrow down a transaction or time frame. From left to right, the options include: Search, Filter, Quick Transfer, Export, and Options (Print and Ask a Question).
- We'll bring special attention to the export option for those that download their transactions to use in other programs.
- For more information about a specific transaction, click on the transaction in the list.
- If the transaction is a check, you can see the check image on the right side of the transaction details. You can see both sides of the check using the arrows under the check image. You can make the images larger by clicking on the check image.
The Details tab will show information such as current balance, interest rate, accrued interest, and year-to-date interest accrued for deposit accounts. Loan accounts will have slightly different details including interest paid, next payment amount, and more. CDs will also have details specific to the type of account.
- Funds Transfer: Transfer funds from one account of yours to another. This can be a First Harrison Bank account or an account at another institution. This also allows you to make a payment on First Harrison Bank loans.
- Customer to Customer: If you know another First Harrison Bank customer, you can transfer funds into their account with a bit of information from the recipient.
- Add External Account: You can now add accounts at other institutions to use for transfers in and out of your First Harrison Bank accounts.
- Verify External Account: In order to use an account at another institution, you'll need to verify it first.
- If you want to review the delivery method of your statements for each of your accounts, you can do that here. You can edit a delivery method by choosing the pencil icon on the right of each account.
- If you choose to change the delivery method, choose your option in the drop-down box.
- If you choose E-Statement, you'll be required to enter your email address.
- Once you save, you'll receive a confirmation.
- Once you close the confirmation, you'll see your new changes take effect immediately.
- Account Activity: Consider this the hub of all account activity including any changes you've made to your profile, deposited checks, and transactions. You can sort, search, filter, and manage transactions on this page.
- Cinch Deposits (mobile only): Use this option to deposit a check into your account using your smartphone.
- Lost/Stolen Card: Should your card go out of your possession, choose this option to see instructions on our website.
- Stop Payment: If you've written a check that needs to have a stop placed, select this option. Note: Debit card charges cannot be stopped.
- Alerts: Alerts remind you of important events, warn you about the status of each of your accounts, and notify you when transactions occur. Some alerts are automatically generated by the system, such as security alerts, but some alerts you can create and customize.
- Bill Pay: Instead of writing out your bill payments, checks, licking envelopes, and looking for a stamp, use Bill Pay to make paying your bills via check easy.
- CardSwap: Swap your debit card information on many popular sites with one click when you get a new debit card.
- Personal Credit Card App: Apply for our personal credit card.
- Business Credit Card App: Apply for our business credit card.
Cash Management (select business customers)
- Wire Transfer: Users can create payments to vendors and suppliers.
- Wire Recipients: Create or see any person or business your business can send funds to.
- Positive Pay: For those that use Positive Pay, you will be able to use this option to approve or decline checks.
The Butler's Guide happens to be where you are now. If you want to come back to this page in the future to learn about Banking Butler, you'll select this option within Banking Butler.
If we need to send you an important message, we'll use the Messages option. You can also send us a message.
- Branches: Find where our branches are located and their contact information.
- Profile: Review and update your contact information.
- Address Change: Change your contact information on this page.
- Text Enrollment: This allows users to see balances, history, and transfers.
- Accounts View: Rename, reorder, and group your accounts (First Harrison Bank or otherwise). Once enrolled in Text Banking, you can enable the text banking on specific accounts here.
- Security: Change your password, login ID, and edit your contact preferences for the secure access code.
- Accessibility: Enable high contrast mode to make Banking Butler usable and accessible for anyone.
- Change Theme: Banking Butler has menu options on the left side of the screen by default on desktop. To change the menu to be on the top of the screen on desktop, choose this option.
Our online banking provider has additional help articles that might help explain how to do certain functions within Banking Butler. This help page is generic and not specific to First Harrison Bank, but it does have useful information that may not be explained on the Butler's Guide.
Please click the Mac Instructions or PC Instructions sections below to see the instructions on how to disconnect and/or reconnect your Quickbooks or Quicken accounts.
Access Alerts from the Activity Center menu. Create a new alert by selecting the "New Alert" button in the upper right of the screen and choose the kind of alert you'd like to create. See the menu options below for each alert type.
Choose which account you'd like to create an alert, choose your criteria, and how that alert should be delivered to you (email, call, text, or secure message within Banking Butler).
Select the transaction type, the criteria for the amount, account number, and how that alert should be delivered to you (email, call, text, or secure message within Banking Butler).
Online Transaction Alert
Choose the kind of transaction for your alert, what the status of the transaction should be, and how that alert should be delivered to you (email, call, text, or secure message within Banking Butler).
These reminders can be set for a number of reasons including birthdays, anniversaries, meetings, and more. Choose your event type, select a date, whether it needs to recur every year, the message you'd like in the reminder, and how that alert should be delivered to you (email, call, text, or secure message within Banking Butler).
Once you have some alerts setup, they will be on the Alerts page. You can view specifics about each alert using the "Edit" button and toggle the alert on or off with the red switch on the right side of each alert.
Bill Pay is such a robust product that it requires a video to explain it all! Check out the below video to learn how to use Bill Pay.
First Harrison+ can be found on the home page of Banking Butler. See the options below for how to use both parts of First Harrison+.
- Once you choose the "Link Account" button from Banking Butler's home page, choose an account to link. The most popular external institutions will appear as "Quick Picks." You can choose one of these, search for an account, or add a manual account.
- If your account isn't one of the "Quick Picks," start typing the name of your external account provider. A list of possible results will display. Click the choice best suited for your needs.
- Once you choose an account to link, it's time to enter your credentials for that account that you would use if you were visiting that provider's website.
- After you enter your credentials, you can link more accounts while it's processing or close the window to return to Banking Butler's home page.
- Once an external account is linked, it's corresponding accounts will populate below your First Harrison Bank accounts.
- You can choose to see more details, including transactions, of each linked account by clicking on it from Banking Butler's home page.
- The initial name of the group of linked accounts can be changed by clicking the pencil icon next to the group name.
- You can name a group of external accounts whatever you'd like. When finished, hit the check mark.
- If you want individual accounts in separate groups, you can create this all on your own. If you click and hold on an account, a new icon appears in the lower right corner (a tray with a + symbol). Drag an account to the icon.
- Now that you've moved your account to the icon, a new group is created. As before, you can rename the group.
- You can now move other accounts to this new group.
- On any account (including First Harrison Bank accounts), you can view activity and nickname the account. First Harrison+ accounts give you the option to update your external institution login should your credentials change with that provider.
- There are more options for First Harrison+ on the Accounts View page under the Preferences drop-down in the main menu. One of those options is to reorder your groups and accounts. Use the up or down arrows to move groups and accounts within groups.
- You can also click on an individual account and see more details.
- If you don't want to see a specific account within First Harrison+, you can remove the visibility with the toggle.
- Should you want to completely remove all accounts from an institution, choose the "Remove" option and confirm you'd like to remove all of the listed accounts.
See sections below for more details of each option.
- Access the Funds Transfer option from within the Transfers menu. You may do transfers originating from a First Harrison Bank account or external account that's been previously verified. See the "Add External Account" section to use an external institution account.
You will choose your "from" account, "to" account, and the amount. From there, determine the frequency of the transfer, the date of the transfer, and any memo for your purposes. There is a limit of $2,500 per day for transfers for consumers.
Note: This feature can also be used to make payments on First Harrison Bank loans.
- Loan payments can be completed on the same Funds Transfer page should you have a First Harrison Bank loan.
- You can view your transfer in Account Activity under the Activity Center menu.
- If you need to make changes or take a better look at a transfer, you can do so by choosing the Actions button.
Add External Account
- In order to add an external institution for transfers, you'll need the routing and account number for your desired account. You'll also select whether it's a checking account or savings account.
- Once you've entered your information and choose to continue, you'll receive a success screen. Please wait up to three business days for micro deposits to be deposited into your external account. When you have the amounts of those micro deposits, see the Verify External Account section.
Verify External Account
- When you've received your micro deposits, you'll verify those amounts on this screen.
- Be sure to select the small radio button under the account you're verifying, enter the two micro deposit amounts, and continue. Take note that the micro deposits should be entered as two digit numbers without the "." before the amount.
- If the information is accurate, you'll receive a confirmation that you can now use that account for transfers.
Customer to Customer Transfer
- You can transfer funds to another First Harrison Bank customer with just a bit of information. You can only deposit funds with this tool. You are unable to withdraw funds from another customer's account. Choose to do a single transfer one time or link account to do transfers in the future to the same account. Note: Customer to customer transfers can only occur if both parties have logged in to Banking Butler at least one time.
- Choose your account for which you'd like the funds withdrawn, the amount, a description that will let the recipient know the reason for the transfer, the email address that the recipient uses in Banking Butler, and the last four numbers of the recipient's account number. It's important that you use the recipient's email address that we have on file.
- If all goes well with the information you entered, you'll receive a success screen.
- If you choose to link an account for future transfers from the start page, you'll enter the email address that the recipient uses in Banking Butler and the last four digits of the recipient's account number.
- Once submitted, you'll receive a success screen. After the successful link, you'll be able to transfer funds to the same recipient on the Funds Transfer screen that's also used for external transfers.
- The main screen of Messages will allow you to view previous messages or start a new conversation.
- To start a new conversation with us, click the pencil icon in the red circle.
- You can choose the category of your message as the recipient, the subject, and the message you'd like to send to us.
- Once completed, you'll receive a success message and can close to return to the Messages home screen.
- On the Messages home screen, you can see previous messages along the left side of the page. The message content will appear on the right side of the screen once a message is selected.
- You can reply to any message by clicking the left facing arrow above any received message.
- If you have any received messages that are unread, you'll have a notification number on the Messages icon in the menu.
- In order to view your statements, you will need to verify that you can view PDFs. Choose the "Get Code" button.
- If you do not have a PDF reader, you won't be able to use this option, but can download Adobe Reader by clicking the appropriate button.
- When you request a code, a PDF will open. Note: Some pop-up blockers prevent this PDF from opening, so ensure your pop-up blocker is off for this event. You will see a four character code specific to your request.
- Once you enter the code on the main screen, you will receive a confirmation message.
- Choose your account, date, and format of the statement you'd wish to view.
If you would like to change the method in which your statements are delivered (paper or e-statements), see our Statement Delivery section in the Statements menu. Please be mindful that based on your account type, there could be a charge for paper statements.
- If you've written a check that you'd like to stop, choose the account in which the check was written, the check number, and additional information you know about the check. The more information you can provide us, the better.
Note: You cannot place a stop payment on a debit card purchase.
- The text enrollment screen explains all of the details about how text banking works. Please pay special attention to how to use text banking with account nicknames and the phone carriers supported.
- To enroll, toggle the switch at the top of the page to "On" and enter your SMS text number without dashes. You'll also want to be sure you review and agree to the terms beneath the SMS text number.
- Once you've entered your information, click the Save button at the bottom of the page.
- If all went well, you'll receive a confirmation. It's very important you visit the Accounts View page in the Preferences menu to complete the enrollment of specific accounts.
- You'll also receive a text message confirming your enrollment from 226563.
- On the Accounts View page in the Preferences menu, choose an account you'd like to enroll in text banking.
- Once you've chosen an account, it's important to visit the SMS/Text tab within that account.
- Toggle the SMS/Text Enrollment switch to "On" if you'd like that account to be eligible for text banking. You will also want to take note or rename the SMS/Text Display Name because you'll use that name when you text for information about your accounts.
- View your contact information on this page and make changes as needed.
- Review your address tied to each of your accounts and change if necessary. Note: If you use a cell phone, please enter your cell phone number in the Cell Phone AND Home Phone fields.
- Accounts View lists all of your linked accounts (First Harrison Bank or otherwise). It will include First Harrison+ accounts, linked external accounts for transfers, linked customer to customer accounts, and hidden accounts.
- When you click on a specific account, you can rename the account for Banking Butler's home page, change the account's grouping, choose whether the account is visible with the toggle, and remove the account if you'd like. You can also reorder your groups and accounts. Use the up or down arrows to move groups and accounts within groups.
- On the SMS/Text tab, you can change settings for Text Banking.
- Within Banking Butler, we do give you the option to change the theme from the left side navigation to a top navigation option. Note: This will only change the layout of Banking Butler on a desktop computer. The mobile version remains the same.
- Once you choose top navigation, you'll see the menu is placed across the top of the page.
Banking Butler® System Requirements
Banking Butler® is an advanced online banking technology that works with the latest and greatest technology options as well as some previous versions/operating systems. Take a look at our list for minimum system requirements.
You must use a computer that has:
- Microsoft Windows 10 or Mac OS X 10.10 at minimum.
- Available browser updates applied for improved security that provide anti-virus and spyware protections.
- An Internet connection with a minimum of 1 Mbps download speed.
Satellite connections often have difficulty supporting encrypted, Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS) applications. Since Banking Butler is HTTPS encrypted for the safety of your financial information, some satellite cable connections may exhibit slow responses.
We recommend the most recent version of Adobe Reader available for desktop and mobile devices. If you choose to use a third-party PDF vendor, we cannot guarantee documents will appear as intended.
Customers can use Fingerprint Login, Touch ID, or Face ID to log in to our app.
The Fingerprint Login feature is based on the fingerprint API introduced in Android M (Marshmallow). Some Samsung and Nexus phones do not support Android's API even though the phones include the hardware to allow it.
Fingerprint Login is currently only available for login authentication on eligible Android devices. It is a free feature pending the following operating system, hardware, and release requirements:
- Samsung Galaxy S7 or later
- Nexus 7 or later
- Google Pixel first generation or later
- Customer registration with Fingerprint at the device level
Touch ID and Face ID are only available for login authentication on supported Apple iOS devices and requires end-user registration of the feature at the device level.
We have created a special Browsers section to discuss the recommendations for you to use. We highly encourage you to not use Internet Explorer as parts of Banking Butler will not function using this browser.
In order to download our app, please ensure that you are using Android 5.x and later or iOS 12.x and later for best performance. Older versions of your phone's software may not allow our app to fully function or function at all. A rear-facing camera is required to use Cinch Deposits.
As websites and applications on websites evolve, some Internet browsers provide a better experience with the latest technology. Banking Butler® , like many other websites, will not work properly with Internet Explorer (IE). If you're using Internet Explorer, we encourage you to switch to a new browser.
Why Do I Need to Switch Browsers?
Banking Butler will not work properly with Internet Explorer. We also want you to have a better experience surfing the web in general. Our recommended browsers are faster, more secure, and simpler to use. In fact, less than 9% of Internet traffic is from users with Internet Explorer. If you're hesitant to switch, please note that Internet Explorer has a variety of security issues that could compromise your personal information. Please join us in using one of our recommended browsers!
What Browser Do I Have?
Not sure what browser you have? You can check on What's My Browser.
We recommend you download one of the following browsers:
Import Bookmarks to New Browser
If you're like us, you have a lot of favorite sites marked. We know change can be hard, too. However, these browsers make it simple to transfer your browser information. Use the instructions below for your specific situation:
Trouble with Your Browser?
Technology is cool, but if your browser is giving you fits accessing our website or Banking Butler, we recommend clearing your browser’s cookies and cache. There are many browser options, but here are a few links with instructions on how to do this for several of the major browsers:
If you are having any trouble with Banking Butler® whatsoever, please call your local branch or send us a secure message within Banking Butler.
We'd like to thank you for being our customer and using Banking Butler®. Here is a message from our president, Bill Harrod, and all of us at First Harrison Bank.